I know it’s been a while, but what better way to bring it back then with Flashmob Friday!! This little diddy is simply spectacular…take three ridiculously cute triplets, put them in tuxedos, bring them to a Greek wedding and voila. Please enjoy, as this was one of the most amazing performances I’ve ever seen live. (And also note that this dance was made up the night before with very little practice. Justin Timberlake, they’re comin’ for ya.) Happy Friday!
Flashmob alert!! That’s right, it’s time for anotha one! It’s your chance to cross “star in a flashmob” off your bucket list. This time it’s going down on Saturday June 30, 2pm at the Bean in Chicago’s Millennium Park. Check out the moves in the video below (easiest choreo yet, to enable maximum participation!) and get your butt over there. You’ll be glad you came (; *brought to you by lululemon 900 N. Michigan Ave and their incredible dance ambassador Karim Tonsy*
It just dawned on me that I never shared the final product of our flashmob on Michigan Ave! Without further ado, I present Chicago’s Sexiest Flashmob brought to you by lululemon athletica rush & 900 and friends! Yeaaaaa I workout. (That chocolate m&m has nothing on us.)
In no particular order, here are 5 albums that rocked my world in 2011.
1. Common “The Dreamer, the Believer.” Ok, I lied. In particular order, this is no. 1, a must listen. While always known as a thought provoking lyricist and poet, Common takes it to a whole new level this go around. I mean, who else has Maya Angelou on their opening track? She also backs his new book, “One Day It’ll All Make Sense” which I’m obvi pretty pumped for. (Review of that bad boy forthcoming) Theme of this album: Dare to dream and watch what happens. *Sold. Not to mention, the album art is the perfect visual depiction of how b’d my m feels while listening.
2. The Black Keys “El Camino” Whoasauce, these brothers are so badass. Have been for a while and they definitely do not disappoint with their latest album. By far my fave rock album of the year. I’m still really interested in putting together a flashmob with this guy’s moves. Lmk if you’re down…
3. Foster the People “Torches” If you’re looking for a straight up jammin’ album, look no further my friends. Every song that made the cut is a toe tapper with great lyrics. It’s the kind of album that makes you want to dance around in front of your mirror rockin’ out. (yea, you know I did!) Super sad I was late to the party on the show in Chicago (ON MY BIRTHDAY NONETHELESS)…which means I also missed out on the Do-Good Bus. SUPER sad face ): Fingers crossed they bring it back on their upcoming tour.
4. The Roots “Undun” The ol’ roots crew has dropped another winner. Usually every other album is a “eh”, but I’m a fan of this character themed record backing up “How I Got Over” (which was pretty awesome). I’m also a sucker for piano based instrumentals of all kinds, so my seal of loving approval has been stamped on “Undun” Also, loving this graphically depicted breakdown of the record from The Fader.
5. Adele “21” I’d have to discount my own music taste if I didn’t include this one. Homegirl is legit, and I swear this has nothing to do with my obsession of English accents. It may have something to do with my affection for pianos. A youthful old soul with a magical voicebox that reaches deep inside and stirs up some emotions you didn’t even know existed. I think they call that soul shaking and that pretty much sums her up.
6. Gramatik “Streetbangerz Vol. 1 & 2” I lied again, 6 albums that rocked my world. I already did a post on this one, check it out here. And don’t be fooled by the thug life title, I know senior citizens who love this guy.
No, not that kind. The kind where you randomly break out in choreographed dance! One of my besties got married this past weekend and what an epic wedding weekend it was. To top it off, I’ve got some amazing friends who went along with the idea to put together a flashmob for the occasion to the tune of Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance with Somebody.”
The the original wedding performance is still in production and will be available in the next week or so. In the meantime, please enjoy this encore performance on the rooftop of Reggie’s as the wedding festivities continued on. Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Jordan!